Which is the Best Blogging Platform for a Professional Blogger or Affiliate Marketer
Yes, you should know that in the Internet, there are two types of platform in creating blog or website:
1.Free Blogging Platform, and
2. Self Hosted Platform.
Let us somewhat discuss about which is the best blogging platform for affiliate marketer or blogger.
Free Blogging Platform
There are some free platforms in the Internet with some opportunities for their subscribers to creating absolutely free blog. Examples include www.blogger.com , wordpress.com etc.
When you use this type of free website building platforms, you actually do not own the website to run it in your own way; rather you are managing your free website with some facilities along with some restrictions on the platforms that are owned by the owners of those platforms where they have full rights to delete or restrict your whole website or any portion of its content whenever they want or think it to be inappropriate, spammy for the cause of having too many affiliate links or promo posts, or to be violated their terms and conditions.
Many beginner affiliates try to take this advantage for their affiliate marketing for the first time. But when they face the reality, they think they took wrong decision. There are hundreds of stories about having their sites removed from this type of free hosted platforms.
The reason behind it is that these free websites are not launched to let you only produce it for free without any reason. Rather, they have an in-depth business plan behind this free offer and thereby they are earning millions of dollars every month. When your website seems to be a barrier in front of the goal of their businesses, they will delete it or restrict with limitations.
Well….yet, there are some pros and cons of free blogging platform as below:
1. It is free to sign up and run.
2. You can get free Sub-Domain (for example: xyz.blogspot.com) for your site to run.
3. Hosting of site with the sub-domain is free of cost.
4. Customizing of free site is competitively easier than ‘Self hosted site’, in general.
5. Free platform is for lifetime with its facilities if you do not violate terms and conditions.
1. Customization is with limited facilities.
2. They may limit or prohibit of adding ads on your site
3. They may have pre-conditions to place their own ads on your site
4. You have limited control over your site as a whole
5. You’ll be fully subject to their rules and restrictions
6. Your staying with them is absolutely upon the mercy of them.
7. The security of your site may come down to a terrible extent.
So free blogging platform sites suit as the best blogging platform for those who are not serious about affiliate marketing and don’t want to take affiliate marketing as their any kind of profession. So, outside professionalism, you are most welcome to use this platform.
Self Hosted Platform
What is it actually? A self-hosted platform is the server where you can actually host your websites’s whole data or content either on your own server (computer) or on third-party’s server on rent that you own and where you have full rights to retain and manage your whole website or any portion of its content.
Companies like Interserver, ipage, A2Hosting, Accuwebhosting etc are among some of the popular third-party ‘Hosting Services Provider Companies’ that provide hosting service facilities for some different level of costs. Essentially, these companies rent out digital storage space to users to make running a site possible with some amazing facilities.
Yes, you might be asking yourself if you really need a ‘Self Hosted Platform’ for your Professional Affiliate website. Let’s look at the facts to get the answer:
1. You are fully in charge and the owner of your website and its contents in Self hosted platform
2. It allows you to run your site on your own Domain Name (Site Address).
3. You can customize and configure your site with your own style.
4. You have the highest facilities to grow your own brand.
5. You can increase space and brand-width for your website’s data.
6. You will get 24/7 support from your Hosting Company.
7. You may enhance your SEO campaign and, therefore, boost site’s rankings.
8. You can earn revenue by monetizing your site while placing ads and affiliate-links on your website without restriction
9. You have option to make your site more secured and to get privacy.
1. It demands some costs, sometimes higher cost.
2. Customization of a ‘Self-Hosted Platform’ requires more initial working skill than choosing a ‘Free Hosted Platform’.
3. You may loose all/portion of costs associated with your site if it cannot generate revenue.
So, judge for yourself which platform is the best blogging platform to choose for a Professional Site. Definitely ‘Self Hosted Platform’.
My Suggestion: As your website is going to be the source of your income and as you are going to take it as your profession, you must choose ‘Self Hosted Platform’ for your Professional Website.